DIVISION C – Cakes & Pies
1. All baked goods must be placed on disposable paper or aluminum plates and covered with cellophane or plastic wrap.
2. No commercial mixes may be used, except in Class 198.
3. Recipe must accompany entry (use 3 x 5 card).
4. All baked goods become the property of the Worcester County Fair Board. A Sample of each blue ribbon cake and pie will be kept on display with the remainder being sold during the cake and pie auction to benefit the Worcestor County Fair Board.
5. All classes will be judged in five age divisions: Junior 4-H, Intermediate 4-H, Senior 4-H, Open Youth and Open Adult.
6. Cakes and pies will be judged separately from the rest of the Food Preparation classes.
198 - Enhanced Cake from Commercial Mix (in addition to manufacturer’s recipe, you must add at least three additional ingredients)
199 - Angel Food Cake - no icing
200 - Chocolate or devil's food layer cake - any icing
201 - Pound Cake - no icing
202 - Carrot Cake - any icing
203 - Coffee Cake - non yeast
204 - Applesauce Cake - no icing
205 - Sponge Cake - no icing
206 - White layer Cake - any icing
207 - Yellow layer Cake - any icing
208 - Cheesecake
209 - Miscellaneous Cake
210 - Special Occasion & Novelty
225 - Best pastry pie shell - no filling
226 - Chocolate
227 - Coconut Custard
228 - Lemon Meringue
229 - Pumpkin
230 - Sweet Potato
231 - Apple
232 - Blackberry
233 - Blueberry or Huckleberry
234 - Cherry
235 - Peach
236 - Pineapple
237 - Strawberry
238 - Miscellaneous Pie